Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Striding with my utilitarian umbrella..

Ever felt privileged for owning an umbrella? Ever flaunted an umbrella? I never did. However, yesterday changed my outlook. Just as I stepped out from office, it started to rain. Most pedestrians were caught unarmed at the sudden shower. Even though I was clutching my umbrella, the blowing wind was shaking my confidence. I was wondering whether the wind will blow away my umbrella or will the wind impart a disfigured look to it. To my relief, the wind became milder but the rain started pouring heavily. For many people including me, the route to bus stand is quite a long one. It has one of the busiest footpaths. People keep jostling to walk on it. No one will ever see this walkway devoid of crowd.
But rainfall paved the way for me to see the distinct beauty of this path. To be more precise, rain god granted me the opportunity to walk in an empty path where I could move without restraint. For the first time I did not struggle to bypass anyone. Despite the downpour, I felt happy at the unexpected discovery. Then I realised, very few people could take this maiden trip of treading the deserted way. Those less fortunate had taken shelter here and there. Every face reflected an irritated look. They might be humming, “rain rain go away/ come again another day”..I knew the disgust on their face is not only for rain. There is another problem which is more annoying. Water clogging happens here in no time.
So I marched along proudly with envious eyes staring at me. (Ok, this might be an exaggerated imagination of mine!)
Still I can not deny the fact that my printed umbrella offered me a room to enjoy my way back home in an unusual manner.  Atlast my ma’s constant encouragement to carry an umbrella unfolded in surprise of unique taste! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    This is Aurindam from http://beingsoalone.blogspot.com. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. No! I didn't cry while writing the story. :D

    It is still a long way to go. Your comment really brightened up my day.

    Thanks and hope to see you around. :)

    ReplyDelete