Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A trip to Outram Ghat



I wait the whole week for my dearie Sunday. I never allow Monday blues to overpower me. Instead I say myself…”Sunday is on the way. So make plans to splurge into good times.”

One Sunday me and my friends went for an outing to Outram Ghat. Outram Ghat is situated in Babughat area. It is one of Kolkata’s popular riverside spot. Ghats are always fascinating because it allows ample scope to see people performing various activities of their belief or taste. At one side one might see someone doing any religious ritual. On the other side one might witness a photographer waiting patiently for the sun to go down. And as the right time approaches his camera becomes tremendous busy in taking snaps.
We took a ride in boat across River Hooghly. From balancing on an oscillating boat, sitting on the wooden seats, feeling the ripple of small waves with palms…all were so soothing and amazing. We got to see the breathtaking view of the Vidyasagar Setu (Second Hooghly Bridge) named after Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, famous Philanthropist and Reformer of Bengali Education.
We, who stay in metropolis, seldom gets any scope to enjoy the surroundings of a rural area. However the appealing beauty of the place and the meticulous movement of the oar by the old ferryman gave us a transitory feeling of being amidst a milieu pertaining to a village. 
We played the song “majhi re” sung by Shaan from the movie Bong Connection. It was like icing on the cake. It blended aptly with our moment of bliss.
Sharing some snaps taken on my mobile



                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment